Saturday, December 31, 2011

Goals for 2012

Time to say good-bye to 2011.  It wasn't a great year but not a terrible year.  I guess it was a year of growth.  I'm hoping for 2012 to be every better.

Ok, I started making this list of goals, and somehow I managed to delete it...so let's see if I can get started again...

No certain order:
  • Start and get up to date J's cub scout scrapbook.  This is a small enough project to helping get me moving toward scrapbooking again regularly.  - When I was a CM consultant I told people to start with your current photos. Therefore I'm ignoring the YEARS of photos and started albums, to start and work on a new album. The hope here is that once I have his album up to date, I will want to scrapbook and work on other pages.
  • Walk Chancy (the dog) at least 3 times a week, because the poor dog doesn't get regular walks often enough.  Good thing she's not a puppy or she would be going nuts.
  • Save at least $100 a month or a total of $1,200 over the course of the year by using coupons/couponing methods (see other blog).
  • Read at least 52 books in 2012. - I used to read constantly, but have gotten out of the habit of reading. I love to read and need to do it more.
  • Drink less soda and more water - not exactly sure how I'm going to measure this goal, but I'll figure it out.
  • Post at least 52 new blog posts in 2012.  By wording it that way, if I miss a week I'm still good, and it's measurable. :)
Now, if I could just figure out how to get one of those little tickerfactory things to appear on my blog page, I would have an easier way to track these.  Every time I try I get an error saying "Bad URL". *grumbles*

2 comments:

  1. 1/2/2012 - how am I doing so far?

    1) got photos from Wal-greens, so I have everything printed for his Cub Scouts through Dec 1st (I thought I had all, but forgot some on David's phone/camera.
    2) Walked Chancy today and froze doing so.
    3) Saved 100% so far since I haven't brought anything. Cut out a bunch of coupons from Sunday's paper however!
    4) Finished a book, gone to the library and started a 2nd book this week.
    5) No comment.
    6) Haven't found a blog worthy topic yet, but then is any of my topics really blog worthy? Maybe tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I blogged today...got my christmas stuff down and in totes..just gotta have Jeff come by and help get them in attic. Burnt my finger when lifting the crockpot lid...steam burns really hurt!!!! so haven't done much else...

    ReplyDelete