Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Unfinished projects

So how do you handle unfinished projects?  For example,

1) scrapbooking - I have major guilt over this at times.  My daughter has at least 3 FULL scrapbooks devoted to her life ages 0-6 yrs.  Then this little bouncy bundle named Jacob came along and Kalissa's albums are frozen in time, and I think Jacob has 2 pages done, only because a friend of ours made 2 pages from photos at the hospital and included them in his baby gift.

2) writing - I have started writing several short stories. I love writing but my mind has to be in the story and for a while there, it became stressful to think about writing, so I stopped.  I really would like to get back to it, but it just never happened.

3) Genealogy - I started while Kalissa was a baby and LOVED the stories I found. I loved learning about my family and the country at the time via their diaries and such I found.  I am not sure this is a project you ever finish because there's sooo much you can find. I loved it and I had several trips I wanted to take to see the area where my family is from, to visit libraries and get copies of records....but the stuff was boxed up for a move and has never been unboxed.

Those are the major personal projects...but then there's the other projects I have I want to do for my family, charities, etc....I have always felt I was a good organized person who kept busy and did a lot of things, but today I'm feeling overwhelmed and I know the tricks...make a list, set a timer, blah blah... But at the same time, I don't feel overwhelmed and lacking motivation on the things that I "have to get done" which is what the timers and such works for...I can get the coupons sorted, I can get the emails for GFH answered, etc.  It's the BIG things...like scrapbooking that I can't get motivated to do and I don't even know where to fit it in anymore.

I think I have made myself work alone too long :(

1 comment:

  1. HA we must be sisters...cause I have the same problem. I would love to get back into my genealogy stuff, I would love to be able to sew on a daily basis, and I would love to do more charity work. but like you I can't find the time or energy. ..if you find out how to fit your desires into the schedule. let me know so I can do it to mine too.

    ReplyDelete