Friday, June 1, 2018

A Breakthrough - Follow up to A NWMS (Noblesville West Middle School) Mom - the last 6 days...

A few minutes ago I read a thread where someone asked (paraphrasing) "what can we do for the boy's family?".  As I read the comments I had a break through, which I posted in that thread, but I had so many people read my blog over the last 2 days, I need to make it here and hope that everyone who read the original will keep reading.

Friday morning, when we, the parents of the NWMS students, received that phone call that stopped our breathe and hearts...where the words "Active Shooter" rang out. If you heard the sirens, saw the police racing to the scene...whatever your story is - Take a Breathe, this will hit hard...it did for me -

The boy's parents received that same call.

They saw the same scene. They felt the same heart stopping panic and fear.

They worried that their son was injured. They held their phone as a lifeline wanting the call/text saying "I am safe".  

Not a single parent ever have the first thought of "Oh My God, MY child did this." 

Take a moment and let that sink in...they are parents just like you and me. They feared for their child. 

I was able to breathe each time I saw "I am safe" come up on my phone. I was able to breathe better, with each report that my son was safe and had located one of his friends.  I had the chance to hug my child until he begged me to let him breathe, and then do it again.

To the parents of this boy, I don't know you. I don't know your son. I don't know the whys or hows, and I likely never will.  But I feel for you. I forgive you. Tell me how I can support you, because you're a hurting parent just like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment